The Big Joe Kinser band, a Des Moines-based Americana/Western Swing band, plays uptempo twang all over Central & Southern Iowa.
Powered by acoustic & electric guitar, keys, bass & drums, they surround their Big-Joe-penned original songs with like-minded Western Swing, Honky Tonk, Outlaw, Alt Country, Bluegrass, Blues and a little Southern Rock, paying homage to old testament prophets like Bob Wills, Hank Sr, Waylon, Willie, Merle & Cash, as well as new testament disciples like the Mavericks, Dwight Yoakam, Asleep at the Wheel & Lyle Lovett.
Big Joe - Lead & harmony vocals, acoustic & electric rhythm guitar, harmonica
Tom - Lead & harmony vocals, keys, trumpet, accordion
Dean - Drums, percussion, harmony vocals
Jeff - Bass, harmony vocals
Rick - Electric lead guitar, lap steel, harmony vocals
Our new CD, available on the store page and at our shows
Coming soon to CD Baby, iTunes & everywhere!
1. Leaving for Good Kinser/Strother: If she's leaving for good, why does it feel so bad?
2. Jambayala Hank Williams Sr: Classic Hank Sr and an uptempo take!
3. Sweetwater Town Kinser/Hughes: A trip home and an unforgotten love.
4. Speeding Ticket Kinser: Bluesy love in the fast lane.
5. Way Down Texas WayBilly Joe Shaver: A smooth-vocaled trip down South.
6. Feel BadKinser: "The simple things are always harder, and the hardest is goodbye."
7. Six Pack to Go Hart/Lowe/Thompson: A bluesed-up take on a classic drinker.
8. Seventynine Kinser: Old friends are always friends.
9. I Have Faith in You Kinser: A beautiful ballad about grown-up kids and parents.
10. There Stands the Glass Hull/Shurtz/Greisham: Agile lead vocals & rock-solid doo-wop harmonies for a fresh take on an old favorite.
11. Butter Cow Kinser: Based on Pearl Jam's "Better Man," a tongue-in-cheek tale about one family's trip to the Iowa State Fair...gone bad.