Big Joe Kinser a Des Moines-based songwriter, plays "front porch" music as a solo, duo, trio or full band act.
the band show, powered by acoustic & electric guitar, fiddle, bass & drums, surrounds Big-Joe-penned original songs with like-minded Western Swing, Honky Tonk, Outlaw, Alt Country, Bluegrass, Blues and a little Southern Rock, paying homage to old testament prophets like Bob Wills, Hank Sr, Waylon, Willie, Merle & Cash, as well as new testament disciples like the Mavericks, Dwight Yoakam, Asleep at the Wheel & Lyle Lovett.
Solo, duo & trio shows provide a laid back, "sitting on the front porch, pickin" vibe, playing anything from the above mentioned, to CSNY, Nick Lowe or Led Zeppelin, in an acoustic format.
Big Joe plays with A list musicians from all over Des Moines & central Iowa
Our new CD, available on the store page and at our shows
Coming soon to CD Baby, iTunes & everywhere!
1. Leaving for Good Kinser/Strother: If she's leaving for good, why does it feel so bad?
2. Jambayala Hank Williams Sr: Classic Hank Sr and an uptempo take!
3. Sweetwater Town Kinser/Hughes: A trip home and an unforgotten love.
4. Speeding Ticket Kinser: Bluesy love in the fast lane.
5. Way Down Texas WayBilly Joe Shaver: A smooth-vocaled trip down South.
6. Feel BadKinser: "The simple things are always harder, and the hardest is goodbye."
7. Six Pack to Go Hart/Lowe/Thompson: A bluesed-up take on a classic drinker.
8. Seventynine Kinser: Old friends are always friends.
9. I Have Faith in You Kinser: A beautiful ballad about grown-up kids and parents.
10. There Stands the Glass Hull/Shurtz/Greisham: Agile lead vocals & rock-solid doo-wop harmonies for a fresh take on an old favorite.
11. Butter Cow Kinser: Based on Pearl Jam's "Better Man," a tongue-in-cheek tale about one family's trip to the Iowa State Fair...gone bad.